Croke Lane

Croke Lane is a small street in the [[West End]] that runs off [[Cliff Street]] and connects to the parking area of [[Little High Street]]. It was initially called Dalgety Street, after the [[Dalgety and Co.]] warehouse that was located there, but was renamed to Croke Lane to reduce confusion (Dalgety had warehouses in multiple locations around Fremantle). The new name was in honour of Lieutenant Captain [[James L. Croke]], harbour master of Fremantle harbour in 1868.[[City of Fremantle and Town of East Fremantle Street Names Index]]

The two main buildings on the street are the [[Shipwreck Galleries]] on the southern side, and the offices of the [[Fremantle Herald]] on the north.

File:FSPS West End 083, Croke Lane, west-end north-side, WE-1, 1980.png File:FSPS West End 082, Croke Lane, up lane to north-side west-end, WE-1, 1980.png File:Building on Cliff Street.jpg File:Buildings on Croke Lane.jpg File:Croke Lane.jpg File:Fremantle Herald building.jpg File:Laneway off Croke Lane.jpg File:Scaffolding on Croke Lane.jpg File:Timothy Toys warehouse.jpg


See also